Slow down.


Having a quiet moment before I burst into a flurry of activity. Trying to slow myself down. I'm so tempted to rush, rush, rush that I'm  not even savoring anything of my life. I don't like it when I live from event to event or one "to-do" to the next. I don't even appreciate what I accomplish... I gulp down some caffeine and push myself to the next thing. Sigh.

Why do I measure my productivity to my happiness... and even worse- to my self-worth. I forget at times that I am valuable even if I just sit and read a book. I am valuable even if my to-do list is not touched. I am valuable even if I screwed up really badly. BECAUSE I am valuable because I am in Christ. Because I was bought by His precious blood.  Because He says I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Created in His image. A daughter of the King.

So as I sit and ponder and think and write I just want to embrace the truth like a warm blanket on a cold morning and wrap it around me. I am valuable because I am His.

When I get ready to leave and do my next action for the day may I relax, take a deep breath and be at peace. May I be aware of Jesus going with me. Planning my day is something I love... but only He knows what a day will hold. So I give it to Him and surrender.

Like I prayed over my daughter the other day, "Jesus, help us to see the good things you have for us in this day... and thank you that even in the rough things, the bad things that happen, that you are there. You promise to never leave or forsake us. Thank you for this day!"


Comments

Popular Posts