Victory & Putting Efficiency in It's Place


Some Thoughts from a month Ago...

I've been getting into this new routine of waking up early (4:30 a.m.) and getting ready for my day and exercising at the Y. It's been great. I get my workout in, do all my daily care needs bright and early and have the rest of the day ahead of me. In fact most of my difficult or stressful tasks have been done usually no later than 9 a.m.

This morning I had my alarm set for much later in the day... but I still woke up at 5. My dog needed to go to the bathroom and I was just wide awake. I think my body is getting used to my routine.

First couple of days I felt high by all I accomplished. I felt unstoppable. By the end of this week thought I've been restless, frustrated discontent and depressed. Whaaat?! I've accomplished all  these good things. I'm taking charge of my time, my health and my mind.

As I was doing dishes in the quiet of the morning I felt God spoke to me. And He asked me 3 questions....

#1.) What if  you pursued me more than you pursued your efficiency?

#2.) What if you hungered for me more than you hungered for the control of your health?

#3.) What if your restlessness derives from your pursuit of good things, but not pursuing the best?

It felt like a weird, strange slap in the face... but also a tremendous moment for grattitude. I'm so thankful He didn't let me deviate too long.

Don't get me wrong- it's good to exercise. It's good to knock out your list of priorities and needs. It's good to manage your time well. But I was more passionate about those things than I was about spending time with God. I was more eager to apply the 5 Second Rule (great book by Mel Robbins) than I was to enter into His presence.

I wanted good things... but I was choosing them over the BEST thing.

As I struggle to realign myself and my priorities I'm trying to ask God, "Lord, what do you want for me to do today? What is on your agenda? What do you say are my priorities?"

So I come back to the word He's given me for this year- VICTORY!

What a great word, right?! But it's not about me... It's about HIS VICTORY IN ME!

These are the verses the Lord gave me at the beginning of this year to seal victory in my mind.

He fights our enemies to give us victory.

Deuteronomy 20:3- "today you are drawing near for battle against your enemies: let not your heart faint. Do not fear or panic or be in dread of them, for the Lord your God is He who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory."

We have victory through Jesus.

1 Corinthians 15:55-58 "Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

We can be strong and courageous for the Lord is with us.

Joshua 1:5-6 "No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave or forsake you. Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their Fathers to give them."

He will hold up our hands to give us victory.

Exodus 17:11-12 "Whenever Moses held up his hand, Israel prevailed and whenever he lowered his hand, Amalek prevailed. But Moses' hands grew weary so they took a stone and put in under him, and he sat on it, while Aaron and Hur held up his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side. So his hands were steady until the going down of the sun."

It's not our battles but God's. We don't need to be afraid!

2 Chronicles 20:15 "This is what the Lord says to you: Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's."

Comments

Popular Posts