A Life Well Lived

Last Thursday my beautiful 96 year old grandmother, Elizabeth "Bette" Walczak took her final breaths and flew to Jesus.
April 17, 1924 ~ October 1, 2020

It's such a mixed thing when someone older passes. There is the relief that they no longer are in pain; no more suffering. They no longer have to experience the brokenness of this world. Yet, there is the sorrow that death exists in the first place. Death is just plain wrong. 

I know our parting is temporary. I know that I will see her again face to face. My Grandmother loved Jesus- fiercely, whole-heartedly and devotedly. 

 I had the honor of living in the same home with her for several years in my life. She loved watching tennis. She had a musical laugh. She was a woman of prayer. 

In most recent years, when Mike and I lived in my parents homes along with our 5 kids, I remember how often I would find her in the morning with her cup of coffee and perhaps a plain Dunker  {Dunkin' Donut}, and her big Bible on her lap. She loved to watch the birds outside at the feeders and she loved to sing hymns of praise. 

There have been many tears. I will miss her so much. I'm so grateful to have known and been loved by her.

Comments

Caterncat said…
Thank you for sharing wonderful memories of our grandmother. I am not eloquent with words so thank you for expressing in words what I feel. Our hearts are broken but have joy knowing we will see her again. I love you Jennifer! Christy

Popular Posts