Pennies: reminder of God's faithfulness through an ordinary coin

 Some people have rose petals thrown down the aisle on their wedding day, I chose pennies. 


To me it’s a symbol of God’s faithfulness. Pennies have been this small but consistent reminder of God’s love for me. His love that never fails. I can’t tell you how many times I have found pennies... usually on tough days and even in different parts of the world. I remember an unusually difficult day in Australia (during my Missions school) finding an American penny. What a gift from the Lord. 


He sees me. He knows me. He loves me.


I remember the day I was at my sisters gravesite with her casket waiting to be lowered... I laid several pennies on her casket... it was my declaration that even in the midst of tragedy and heart break... my God is faithful!


My most recent trip I found a dime and a nickel and over the course of several days I found 3 or 4 pennies. I loved finding this one. Damaged and rather worn, stuck in the crack of an asphalt road. God takes the old things, the worn out things and loves them. He knows every ding and dent. Every marring. Every discoloration. He loves and accepts and knows me... and calls me beautiful. I am not damaged goods. I am whole and lovely in His sight. 



You are beautiful friend. 


He sees you you.

He knows you. 

He loves you.


He has always been and will always be faithful.


Comments

Popular Posts