A Hike Deferred...

 When I began my health journey October 7, 2019 one of my why’s was to be able to do a hike with Rescue Freedom (now called Atlas Free). It had been one of my deepest wishes to change my health so dramatically that I could do a significant hike in the mountins… that I would be strong enough to. That my cardio could keep up. That my knees wouldn’t give out. Etc. 


Mike and I have been so looking forward to being in the mountains of Idaho this week. We had planned, trained, prepared, purchased all our supplies including hiking poles. Been breaking in our hiking shoes. So it was with deep disappointment when we had to say no.


Ugh. This wasn’t the plan. 


What started with the transmission of our 12 passenger van  going out along with a delayed start for them joining me in Atlanta escalated into this sense that we were not supposed to go. Other factors were coming to play against us going. I was so curious as to why not? Why no? What was God telling us?


Upon our return our home we came down withy symptoms and a day later Mike tested positive for Covid. I was negative but had all the Covid symptoms. I felt sad that we weren’t able to participate but also grateful that we didn’t share Covid on a plane… as well as our hiking team… and then been trapped, quarantined and unable to hike in Idaho.


So back to the present. We donated our plane ticket $ for the hike. 


We are continuing to trust God and His perfect timing for our lives. We aren’t done fundraising and we sure as heck are still going to hike. I have hopes of October 7th being our time to hike… to celebrate my 3 year healthiversary somewhere in the mountains of VA. 


Unfortunately, the algorithm on the “book de face”, has limited our reach to who is actually seeing our fundraising posts. Maybe they thought we were trying to promote a product? 


So what is the fundraising hike about? It’s to raise fund for an organization called Atlas Free (formerly known as Rescue Freedom). Their name has changed but their goal is the same to eradicate human trafficking. All money through our linked fundraiser is to benefit directly Atlas Free! (We don't receive any financial benefit)


It says in the Bible, “a hope deferred makes the heart sick.” (Proverbs 3:12)… it goes on to say though… “but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life.”


The goal was never the hike. The hike is the celebration of doing a work to help women and kids be set free and brought into rehabilitation… but to be able to prevent it from happening in the first place is another part of the great work Atlas Free is doing. 


Would you join us? 

Join us in praying! 

Join us by sharing the post and or QR code! 

And if you’re willing to donate... we’d love your financial partnership… 


Until All Are Free…


Coffee Money? Date Night? Giving Fund? A little extra bonus? You can Donate here

Comments

Popular Posts