Dentist & Wrestling.

I'm getting ready to go to the dentist. Which as I'm sure it does for most people my heart rate is getting a little higher. BUT I am so thankful that I can get two major cavities taken care of. Thanks Mom and Dad N. for my birthday present!

It's especially great I can get this done in my second trimester. It's very important to get this dealt with sooner than later. Especially because the cavity (bacteria) could get to the baby.

Blah. Blah. Blah.

I'm finding myself trying to work through some things. Been wrestling with God lately. Feeling very unwell a lot of the time. Very discouraged and very overwhelmed. I'm tempted to feel like a bad mom, wife, home-maker, friend, etc. YET, I know it's not about what I've done, am doing, or are going to do. My hope comes from Christ... and in His perfect work. So I have to rest in that. AND I have to BELIEVE that He's enough.

I'm tempted to add more. I'm tempted to believe I should be perfect. I should have things together. I should have figured out life by now- ha, ha, ha.

I'm frustrated that I feel caught in this perpetual struggle of brokenness, suffering, and working through loss. Why can't I simply be grateful for all that God has given, done, and provided for me. Why do I get angry when I don't get what I want? Why is it hard to trust that He is good when my definition of goodness doesn't happen?

So, I'll wrestle. Maybe this dental work will help take some of the fight out of me :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great writing.

Popular Posts