California... here I come...

The joy of solitude is not something i often get to experience. My life is often Loud, Noisy, Abrupt, Interrupting, Chaotic, Messy, Sticky, Inconvenient, and full, full, full of needs.  I love my life. I really do. But it's kind of crazy sometimes. Sometimes I get worn out. I get tired. I am stretched and feel like it  can't fit anything more in.

But I'm about to have some time to myself. Real time. Not just a few hours or an afternoon. Not even a whole week-end or a long week-end. But a deliciously long time. It's the longest I've been apart from my family... pretty much that I can ever think of.

I leave Thursday afternoon and fly to L.A. I'm taking a trip with one of my dearest people in the world, Kelsey, and we are going to explore Northern California. I am so excited, tickled, ecstatic, giddy. This is such a gift. An unexpected, unplanned, unprepared for gift.

I fly back Tuesday via San Francisco. I won't get in til after midnight so technically Wed. a.m.

And I'm going to have time to be quiet. To reflect. To meditate. To savor the deliciousness of having my self to my self. Wow. What will I do?

My hopes: one long bath, hopefully at some point. some time to write, some time to pray, a chance to eat chocolate, time to listen to good sermons, a time to cry and let out some of  my pent-up emotions, a time to laugh, hopefully over a funny movie, or just great conversation, maybe a foot rub, an opportunity to just be.

And how fun to go places I've never been. Like Half Moon Bay & San Francisco & Redding.

God is amazingly kind to me. I am so thankful for this time to rest, recover, rejuvenate, and recreate.


Comments

Popular Posts