Dear Friends and Family,

Well last night they said they would send me home in the morning but after talking a while with the doctor in the a.m. she felt it would be best to go ahead and do a c-section. It was a wait to make sure all the morphine had worn off. They then put the monitors back on. I was contracting every 3 minutes and intensely... yet still no change in my cervix.

So... we went ahead with the section. It was a total success and I felt fine! Praise God!

Peter Joel arrived at 2:41 p.m. today on November 7th. He is 19.8 inches long and 9 lbs, 4 oz. He's absolutely beautiful.

I have yet to hold him because he needed to go to the special care nursery. His blood sugar level is low and he has a heart murmur. I'm not concerned but am excited to be able to hold him soon (I hope).

He has gorgeous dark hair, chubby cheeks, and a beautiful round face. he looks like a doll!

Resting now. Only got 3 hours of sleep last night. Hoping to catch up before I start caring for our new little man.

Thanks for your prayers!




Comments

Natasha said…
Congratulations!
Caren said…
I am so so happy that Peter Joel is here finally! I hope his blood sugar level and heart murmur has resolved or will resolve itself soon. Congratulations! You all look wonderful! I cant wait to hear what the other kids think of him :) Love you guys!
Suzy I said…
Look at all that hair!!! WOW! What a chunkie newborn - LOVE IT!!! Hope you had a good rest last night :) Congrats!!!
Kelsey said…
He is GORGEOUS!!! Squealing with excitement and gratefulness to God.
Many smooches and hugs to all of you. Can't wait to see you soon.

xoxoxo

K
Sarah said…
Congratulations Napiers!! What a little cutie! Glad he arrived safe and sound - please give his precious cheeks kisses from us...

love Sarah, Steve, Nathaniel and Abigail xxxx
abbey said…
Congratulations Jennifer! Love all that hair!
Kate Van said…
Very pretty little guy! Glad you are both doing well, praying for good restful nights for you all!
Sara of Sweden said…
Welcome sweet Peter Joel!
I'm so glad you had a smooth delivery! Recover well, both you and the baby! Babyclothes on it's way =0) Thea and Elias "helped" to choose outfit for Peter...Elias practically tore the place down...but he was very determined in what we should buy..(kermit the frog shirt...I put it back on the shelf =0)
Much love and congratulations from us!!!
Sara
Jenn said…
Congrats to you, number fives are sweets :) Welcome Peter!!
Sarah said…
Congratulations!!!
Jessica said…
He is gorgeous!!! I LOVE those kissable cheeks. :) Congratulations to you all!!!
Congrats to all the Napiers!

Popular Posts