7 years.

My sister Libby.
Libby (my daughter) talking to Peter (4 month old brother) just now...

"We had an Auntie buddy. She died in a car hit. You never had a chance to meet her. I never had a chance. I never had a chance either. It's sad. But we'll see her in Heaven soon."

A few minutes later... "My name is Libby and Your Auntie's name is Libby too."

Today marks 7 years that my sister went home to Jesus. It's her "Heaven Birthday" today... the day she was ushered and birthed into Heaven.

I miss her so much. That's such a lame way of putting it. I was trying to figure out how to put "hell" in that expression to make it more emphatic but I didn't know how that works. "I miss the hell out of her?" "Hell, I miss her?" I don't think that worked well. So I just left it limp and flat with "I miss her so much."


Christopher, Libby and Me.

At her funeral I read the lines of Sarah Groves song "Going Home". I think it's appropriate to repeat them now.

I’ve been feeling kind of restless
I’ve been feeling out of place
I can hear a distant singing
A song that I can’t write
And it echoes of what I’m always trying to say

There’s a feeling I can’t capture
It’s always just a prayer away
I want to know the ending
Things hoped for but not seen
But I guess that’s the point of hoping anyway

Of going home, I’ll meet you at the table
Going home, I’ll meet you in the air
And you are never too young to think about it
Oh, I cannot wait to be home

I’m confined by my senses
To really know what you are like
You are more than I can fathom
And more than I can guess
And more than I can see with you in sight

But I have felt you with my spirit
I have felt you fill this room
And this is just an invitation
Just a sample of the whole
And I cannot wait to be going home

Going home, I’ll meet you at the table
Going home, I’ll meet you in the air
And you are never too young to think about it
Oh, I cannot wait to be going, to be going home

Face to face, how can it be
Face to face, how can it be
Face to face, how can it be

Cuz this is just an invitation
Just a sample of the whole
And I cannot wait to be going home

Comments

Caren said…
praying for u today jen! love you!
abbey said…
praying for you all! I miss her too.
Rebekah Judd said…
Been praying for you and thinking of you today! May you have moments of unexplainable peace this week.
Hannah Leilani said…
i love you... really. i dont even know how to express everything ive been thinking and feeling and remembering. so im not even going to try. but i love you jen. and libby was one of the most dearest friends, and big sisters i ever had. praying for you my dear.
Sharon said…
So sweet. I love how the munchkins love her even though they never got to meet her :) I miss her terribly...praying for you!
Shar
Melinda said…
It feels like only yesterday, I see how big Gabriel is and that tells me that time has passed but it doesn't make sense to me. I still expect to see her, like she just been on a trip somewhere or moved away. I can really never get it through my head that she's gone. That is good in a way, that means when I see her again, I will have never said goodbye in the first place. Know sweet Jennifer, how very much I loved her, she was my best friend. I will NEVER forget her. You are Alone, I am with you. I love you friend and I am so blessed to know YOU as well, and call you friend. Praying for you always;)

Popular Posts