God's promises

Lately, I have been struggling to remind myself of God's truth. I have been very fearful about Samuel lately. His stomach has been bothering him almost every time after he eats. I have to try and stay calm. He's also had a lot of pain with potty issues too. So immediately what comes to mind is what happened when Samuel was first diagnosed. It's uncomfortable to think that way.

I know it's more likely than not (statistically) that Samuel's cancer will return. Yet, I hold on... praying and hoping that the Lord will eradicate any cancer cells from his body.

I must confess the thought of going through what we just went through with his treatment of almost 15 months... well, I shudder to consider going through that again.

I am trying to fix my eyes off the statistics, off the symptoms, even off Samuel and onto the Lord. May I trust Him with my whole heart. I know that God is in control and that He has good things for us. Yet, I know it doesn't guarantee a specific outcome.

So I seek to enjoy Samuel this day. And be thankful for his life... and the lives of all my precious children... and I cry out to the Lord...

"Have MERCY!"

Samuel's CT scan is March 30th. I breathe in. I breathe out. I am reminded of God's covenantal promises through many things: full moons, pennies, and rainbows. I know He is faithful.


One of my favorite songs is "He's Always Been Faithful". I love Sarah Groves' version.

Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me

Morning by morning I wake up to find
The power and comfort of God's hand in mine
Season by season I watch Him, amazed
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me.

I can't remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can't remember one single regret
Find more similar lyrics on http://mp3lyrics.com/I7pqIn serving God only, and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me.

This is my anthem, this is my song
The theme of the stories I've heard for so long
God has been faithful, He will be again
His loving compassion, it knows no end
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful, He's always been faithful
He's always been faithful to me.

Comments

Kelsey said…
xoxoxo

Popular Posts