When Life Happens...

So today was supposed to be two dentist appointments at 11 and Libby's musical program tonight. Unfortunately Libby started throwing up at 6:30 a.m. and Peter joined her an hour later. C'est la vie.
I have to surrender all my plans to God.

It's so funny how we think we have some actual control over this thing called life. Such an illusion. Learning to be flexible and have to change my plans, agendas,  motives, and hopes has been a continual learning process for me.

Letting go of all I thought today would be and allowing God to truly direct my steps is the prayer of my heart. Breathing in and out. Trusting Jesus is greater than my need for control.

Lord, help me with today. Give me strength. Peace. Clarity. Direction. Help me love my sick children well and comfort the disappointments due to unexpected and unforseen events. All for your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts