CELEBRATING RESURRECTION

Somebody stopped me recently inviting me to a Celebration of the Death of Jesus. It caught me off guard. What? Celebrating the death?

It became clear to me that they didn't mean they were happy that Jesus died... but they left out the crucial part.... They were celebrating the death... not what happened 3 days later.

It was that he rose from the dead.
He didn't stay dead.
We don't rejoice in his death but in the fact that he conquered death and was resurrected from the dead. That's what amazing. That's what sets our God apart from other gods. He didn't stay dead.

He's ALIVE!

Today I'm celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ! What an amazing Savior I have!

From Natalie Grant's song Alive:

"Alive, Alive
Look what Mercy's overcome
Death has lost and Love has won!

Alive, Alive
Hallelujah, Risen Lord
the only one i fall before

I am His
because He is
Alive."

Comments

Popular Posts