This week...

Be prepared for longest run-on sentence ever....

Oh you know those days when your child spills his bowl of cheerios all over the bed but it's okay because there happens to also be dried blood on the bed from when another child had surgery and slept in bed and got blood everywhere from his mouth because he continues to suck his hand in spite of just having 9 teeth removed.... and the toilet is overflowing... and the 3 year old is having soupy poop spill out of his pullups and get on everything including the new play rug you just purchased... and your Ipod suddenly stops turning on or off and is broken... and the air condition isn't running right in the house but you're somehow getting a $500 monthly bill for using it... and the warrant of debt has come from a bill in 2009 that was already paid... and your husband is out of town... and your son breaks down and throws a colossal fit on the floor kicking and screaming in the homeschooling supply store (sorry Mrs. Moore)... and your children whine when they're getting almond butter and jelly sandwiches AGAIN... and you're running out of your antidepressant and making a phone call to get into the doctor while a naked child yells on my bed while waving his bare booty in my face "Booty Butt... Poopy Butt" at the top of his lungs...  and I was up til midnight with that child because he crashed at 5 last night and then rebounded at 9 p.m. and the night before was up til 3:30 and then up again before 8 to deal with diarrhea on the floor...

I hope that I've got  you laughing by now. Because all these things are happening to me... and aren't they altogether just utterly ridiculous? You can only take so much before the tears turn into laughs... and I'm not laughing yet but the preposterousness of my life makes me hope that you can laugh and that sometime soon I can join in with you...

My wallet is still missing... and Samuel's hearing aid is still missing... and I'm missing my husband very bad... and I wish my sister was alive so I can gripe at her and tell her to get her butt over here and bring me a Starbucks while she's at it...

And so where do I fix my gaze? Where does my hope come from? It comes from the Lord, maker of Heaven and Earth. I will not despair. For I'm not made for this world. My Home is still coming. I'm still waiting to see Jesus face to face. 

How about you? Are you stuck in your circumstances? Stuck in the things that are going wrong in your life? Ask the Lord for help. If you try and get contentment, hope, joy, satisfaction in anything but Him you might have a temporary satisfaction but it's not lasting. God is our Only Hope. Our only Refuge. The only true thing that satisfies. 

So let's Hope in Him together...

Comments

Sarah said…
Oh man. My life seems so much easier now. I am not laughing but smiling, and not quite able to feel your pain but I stand with you! I totally get the husband out of town bit if it helps - it is hard going doing it on your own - full time single parents are stronger than me. Sending you a cyber-imaginary-Starbucks and it is a large one and extra hot, with whichever syrup you choose. And you get to drink it uninterrupted before it gets cold. And since we are in imagination then I am totally there with you. Praying life gets easier soon hon. You rock. Hugs xxx

Popular Posts