Bye-Bye Caterpillar, Hello Butterfly...

saying good-bye to the old me...
Hi friends. It's time. Time for me to transform. Time for me to slough all the extra weight that has been slowing me down... that was bound to me through trauma and stress and grief and loss and heartache. It's time to say good-by to the caterpillar and hello to the butterfly.

There's a New Girl in Town and her name is Jennifer. She will still smile and laugh. She will still enjoy life. But she's embracing health in a whole new way.

(I don't know why I was speaking about myself in the 3rd person, but that's okay.)

I'm moving more: walking, strength training. I'm not fearing the sweat but embracing allowing the toxins to leave my body.

I'm hydrating by drinking water.... a lot... with lemon, with mint, with cucumber, sometimes infused with strawberries and I might even get a little wild and throw in some apples.

I'm eating my fruits and veggies... At least 31 a day. 

I'm resting and sleeping when needed. 

I'm seeking healthy ways to release stress. Himalayan salt baths. Deep breathing and stretching. Journaling. A nice cup of herbal tea with lavender honey. Using my Doterra Essential Oils.

I'm not saying "No" to myself but instead "Yes"! Yes to veggies. Yes to smoothies. Yes to juicing. Yes to adventure. Yes to singing out loud and embarrassing my kids in the store. Yes to working out (even when I don't feel like it!)

On occasion right now  I might still have sweets. I might still enjoy a Starbucks now and again. But the point is I'm doing more positive. I'm making more food from home... and less eating out. I'm making my passion tea lemonade from home instead of going to Starbucks. I'm fixing myself lunch and eating so I'm not stopping at a drive thru before grocery shopping.

I'm eating my rainbow: spinach, kale, cucumbers, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, oranges, mangoes, bananas, apples, broccoli, carrots, red, yellow and orange peppers....

And on the days where I'm not eating like I want to I'm still consuming 31 veggies and fruits a day! Thank you JP!

I want to be: 

healthier

stronger

embracing life

tasting sunshine

feeling the fear and doing it anyway!

Getting Ready to Fly
I'm going to take Dave Ramsey's advice... and I'm going to live like no one else, so I can LIVE like NO ONE ELSE!

Change is here. And I'm stepping out in faith. And it's a little scary. What if I fail? I have a whole audience to watch me... but what if I succeed? I'm not giving up. I'm going to keep trying. And I'm excited to see Jesus transform me more into His likeness and more into the Jennifer He created.

I will keep you posted about my T-30 and T-120 (transformation 30, transformation 120).

Bye Bye caterpillar...

Comments

Mixue said…
So proud of you, friend! I'm cheering you on! :)

Popular Posts