Writing, Crying, & Hoping- Oh my!

50,000 words done y'all. I'm nearly at the home stretch with writing this book. Yahoo!

I'm excited to see things forming and shaping up into a real story. It's funny. Emotional. Makes you keep guessing who-done-it!

Me crying over my spiralizer...
It's been a busy week with starting my health journey, managing homework, making meals, laundry, dishes, kitchen clean up, an EKG for Samuel, and a myriad of other necessary appointments. But I'm doing it. Slowly and surely.

What's that? you want to read about my health journey? Click here

Earlier this evening, I was having a break down over my spiralizer. Yes, I was crying over vegetable noodles for goodness sake! I couldn't get the thing to work right and I was more than a little HANGRY. I made a mistake and cooked my family's meal of edamame spaghetti before I made mine. BIG MISTAKE. (Hey, I'm learning over here!) I kept getting little bits of noodles and finally got fed up and cut my zucchini in slices and poured hot water over them. Then I put my ground beef and sauce on top and I ate. I had gone too long... pushed too hard.

Lesson learned! I have my meal already for tomorrow... with perfectly spiralized angel hair zucchini noodles. It's ready to rock and roll. My lean and green meal is done! My fuelings are set for me (my other 5 meals).

Anyway, I'm in a place of feeling content and grateful.

Thank you God for helping me get through this week!
For the grace to follow the program to a T.
For patience with me when I've been a little emotional, irrational and fighting my desire for instant gratification.
For helping me learn how to use my spiralizer correctly.
For giving me what I need to get through each project before me!
            Blood Drive. Baby Shower. Finishing a book. Taking a Shower.

Today, when I was dealing with cooking I was frustrated and upset. I was covered with mosquito bites. One of my kids had eaten my fueling... in his defense it was a chocolate chip waffle, but seriously man, don't touch my food! And I was spiraling even though my noodles weren't. I had to stop and reflect... what's really bothering me right now?

It took some time and then I remembered when my mood changed and my blood began to pump extra hard and my breathing began to quicken. It's when I opened the letter re: Samuel's appointment at the INTACT clinic. (Individuals Thriving After Cancer Treatment- used to be called Late Effects Clinic).

Oh that whole thing. That reminder of his cancer. Walking THOSE halls on THAT floor. Digging up some painful memories. Reminding me of those we've lost. And as I was able to think about it and process... and after I ate my mangled meal of chopped zucchini... I was able to breathe in and breathe out and surrender it all once again to the Lord. Surrender those traumas. Surrender those griefs. Surrender those hurts.

And as I watched more videos on my spiralizer and figured out that I didn't have the blade high enough and I went and effortlessly made my zoodles... I was just in awe of the Lord. In awe of how far He's brought Samuel. In awe of how far He's brought me.

So I'm going to bed with a contented smile on my lips. "Hallelujah, He isn't finished with me yet."





Comments

Vilhelm man said…
Have A Relaxing Weekend!

Popular Posts