One Shoe Days.

So we've moved. Can you believe it? We've just finished packing up the old house (the rest of it) today. So soon it will be cleaned and emptied.

Our new home on the other hand is still in process. I'm enjoying the space and am looking forward to getting things situated.

We decided to postpone Michael's surgery till next month. So he's now set for April 30th. This will give us a chance to catch our breath and hopefully get a little more settled in.

Things have had that unusual flavor of disorder. Things are haphazard and I'm having a hard time looking for what I'm trying to find. I've left the milk out twice and completely forgot my re-heated twice... in fact it was re-heated twice and I still forgot it! The kids are doing well and are loving their new room. Ian & Michael haven't noticed but that's to be expected.

Today Libby has ballet and as I checked her bag I could only find one ballet slipper. It's funny how that happens. The things I usually have so all-together are so NOT! It's a good reminder for me that all my good attempts just don't add up. That's the beautiful thing about God... He doesn't need my good attempts. He did it all. His work is finished! I can rest in what He's done, not my pitiful "good" works.

Ian has a fever and has been lethargic so i'm calling to see if I need to take him to the doctors. He just had his synnagis shots yesterday along with Michael but he's not reacting great to it... so we'll see.

Michael had a neurologist appointment yesterday and it seemed to go really well. We might get a few more x-rays and scans just to be on the up and up but then we'll be set...

Well, hopefully the nurse will call me back soon.

Comments

myfrog said…
The most amazing thing, I think, about having a relationship with God - aside of course for the fact that we HAVE a relationship with Him in the first place, is His role as our loving Father. Not a sparrow falls to the ground that He is unaware of, he clothes the lilies of the field in splendor, and provides for every creature according to its need. This includes us.

He is always with us, knows our every struggle, knows where our shoes are, and is in perfect control of every situation. How safe is our position! How great is His grace that He would take us by the hand and walk with us during seasons of ease, guide us gently through seasons of trial, and lovingly redirect our gaze toward Him when we look away.

I'm happy for you guys. It will be so nice to have a bit of elbow room. You're in with your folks, right? Feel free to give me a call if you need any help with anything. My job doesn't start until April 6th, so I have some time.

Popular Posts