Ramblings...

Peter's babbling right now. He's telling me his story and adventures of today. He's also giving me"the look" like aren't you going to pick me up?

My legs are burning... they're having some weird adverse reaction to the lotion I put on. I mean it's been a few days since I've shaved my legs but they are stinging. Ouch.

There are graham cracker crumbs in my bed that Michael smashed earlier. Fun gritty feeling

I just washed our comforter today. I let it air dry. It was fresh and beautiful and I placed it on the bed. We were in bed all of 30 minutes when there was a little accident in which a beautiful piece of cheesecake covered in chocolate sauce and raspberry jam was spilled. So much for clean.

Yesterday was a wedding in the barn. My baby brother, Christopher, (who is not a baby anymore) got married. It was such a beautiful wedding. The barn walls were cloaked in black. They had trees spray painted white all around with twinkle lights draped on the branches. It was just such a magical experience. I'm so proud of my brother... He married the most amazing person. Kristin is such a dear, sweet, beautiful woman. I'm excited to have her for my sister.

The wedding went off without a hitch... in spite of my anxiety and crazy control issues :) My brother had so many people come alongside and help. It was beautiful to see how many people love and care for Christopher. They had Pizza Hut pizza at the reception... veggie trays, fruit trays, and sandwiches were also served... but it was fun and relaxed and yummy. Dancing was a blast and I think everyone had a great time.

It was fun to be in the wedding. I was the maid of honor (thank you Kristin). My cousins were in the wedding... my husband was in the wedding. Libby was the flower girl and Samuel was the ring bearer. It was really precious. Samuel shuffled down the aisle holding his blue "fuzzy" (his very special, can't-live-without blankie). Libby was very deliberate throwing a petal at a time as she meandered down the aisle.

It was a great time. It was also emotional. I can't believe how much I missed my sister. Part of me was actually angry at my sister that she wasn't there... as if she could control whether she was alive or not. That may sound weird to say... It felt weird too. I just wanted her present for my brother. I was in her wedding. She was in mine. But she's not alive. And it still feels strange that that's true. I felt that she should still be here... even though she's been gone almost 7 years.

Today though we're recovering from the busyness of this week-end as well as the weeks of being sick and all the crazy running around that's been happening.

Samuel has radiation again this week but he also has chemo EVERY DAY this week as well. Yuck. It's going to be a loooooong week. Please pray God gives Mike the strength to handle all that's going on.

The kids have been riding the bus in the morning. They have to board the bust at 6:20 a.m.! Mike has them at the end of the driveway a quarter after six. It's a long day for them as well.

So we're all exhausted and tired and weary. I know God will continue to sustain us. Sometimes I just wish we could just sleep for a week... or at least take a break from "life" for a week.

Valentine's Day is coming up... which means purchasing cards for the kid's classmates, baking treats, etc.

The CHKD oncology clinic is having a very special date night this week-end... Mike and I are going to the Melting Pot! Woo-hoo. I'm looking forward to Saturday!

Comments

Rebekah Judd said…
I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Praying that you find the comfort in our Savior in the midst of all the craziness! Love you!
Kate Van said…
Praying for you as well. Yesterday was a very hard day for me and Clay came home late and asked how he could help- I said i wanted to stay in bad for a whole three days. Woke up this morning feeling terrible- been in bed all day; funny how the Lord answers our prayers sometimes!!!
Unknown said…
Hi Jennifer,
My name is Heather Underwood. I've never met you and you don't know me, but I heard about you and your family through Michelle Jones. I met her about a year ago through a Mom's Night gathering in Galax, VA. Anyway, she told us your story a while back and I've been thinking about you and praying for you all ever since. I have a little boy who just turned 5 a few weeks ago and I can't help but think of him when I read about what Samuel is going through. I can say that, as a sister in Christ, I love you and I'm praying for you. Enjoy those cups of coffee!! Enjoy your sweet children and all of the craziness/complete joy that they bring! Thank God for a supportive, wonderful husband who's by your side through it all! (I have one of those, too. They're priceless :) ) God bless you through your struggles and I pray he strengthens you all day by day.

Love in Christ,
Heather

Popular Posts