A song I wrote today.

I'm afraid I will miss it
Afraid that time will pass
And I will be left with my mistakes and failures.

Fear of failure. Fear of success.
Fear my life will be full of regrets.
So I stay stuck inside myself
Paralyzed with indecision.

But what if I let go?
What if I dared to dream?
What if my Saviour was bigger
than any of these things?

What if He knows all I have done
and all I will do?
And what if He loves me still
What if He loves me still
in spite of who...
I am?

So I take a step of faith
And I run on in this race
And though I stumble along the way
He upholds me. He sustains.

And Someday when I see Him face to face
All those fears will melt away
All regrets and failures put aside
Because I am my Lover's
and He is mine.

Because He knows all I've done
and all I will do...
And He loves me still
He loves me still
I belong to who?
the Great I Am.

Comments

Isabella Hodge said…
this is powerful, jennifer. your faith is amazing to me, and so precious to Jesus.

Popular Posts