Still Working...

Even though the kids are home Mike has work in the barn.

Good News: Mike has work! Yay for provision.
Bad News: Mike has work.... no help for the Mama. Sigh. I miss my partner. It's so much more fun when Mike and I parent together.

It has been an almost non-stop time with kids since Christmas. Between the lice outbreak and snow days they've only been to school a very little bit.

So, we made jello jigglers on Tuesday after running errands all day.

On Wednesday (yesterday) we baked chocolate chip cookies and made Mike's favorite cookie bars, Pride of Iowa, my own version, which has oatmeal, toffee bits, coconut, butterscotch chips. I also made a crockpot of Taco Soup.

Today it's hot cocoa and having the kids paint their own art on canvas.

I've been building in breaks for myself. I had lunchables for them yesterday so I didn't have to fix lunch yesterday. We had pizza Tuesday night so I didn't fix dinner then. Trying to space out all the work-load. Thankfully we had redboxed Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. That's fun.

Trying to enjoy this time-off with the kids. I always want and hope for break time with the kids and now that I have it, it's hard to not feel frustrated by my lack of productivity.

Balance and moderation. A time for work. And a time to play.

(Note to self: Wish he had work in the barn. Ended up being at the oceanfront. Poor guy driving in this awful weather.)

Comments

Popular Posts