Most Impacting Book of the Year..

Really it's almost not a book. It's more pamphlet size. Very quick read. But probably the most impacting book I've read this year and probably for last year too.

Tim Keller's, The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness: The Path to True Christian Joy.*

Here's an excerpt of the description:

"In an age where pleasing people, puffing up your ego and building your résumé are seen as the methods to make it , the Apostle Paul calls us to find true rest in blessed self forgetfulness. In this short and punchy book, best selling author Timothy Keller, shows that gospel humility means we can stop connecting every experience, every conversation with ourselves and can thus be free from self condemnation. A truly gospel humble person is not a self hating person or a self loving person, but a self forgetful person. This freedom can be yours..."

It's wonderfully freeing. I have been obsessed with myself... what others think of me and what I think of me.... neither of those is good.... I want to be more aware of God and to know how sees me... In Christ, my sins aren't counted to me and Christ's righteousness is applied to me. This allows me to be free of judgment from others and myself. 

You have to read it to get what I'm trying to say!

*Available for purchase on Amazon here for $4.49 or on Kindle for just $1.62!

Comments

Popular Posts