The Way God Provides.

I find I'm quick to whine. I want to remedy that. So let me tell you what I'm thankful for instead!

God has done some really cool things lately. He's provided in some unexpected ways. One way he blesses me is through the thrift store. Often something will come to mind that is a need in the house. E.G. Peter needs a new bed. His crib is falling apart and it's time he joins the big boys soon. So... on Monday I walked in to Goodwill and found an absolutely gorgeous, cherry wood toddler bed (in mint condition, I might add) for $25.00

Yay. Happy dance right in Goodwill.

Then the kids found this toy I wanted to buy them for Christmas. God said no, at that time. So I waited. Again just as I found the bed on Monday, Libby found the toy! The Original Flying Turtle sells for $90 on Amazon.  $8.25 at Goodwill. Perfect Condition. The kids love it. They've been riding it since Monday. It provides great practice for Michael, strengthening his motor skills, etc. And all of them can use it! It's been a blast watching them fly around the kitchen on this cool "scooter."

On top of this I had a 20% coupon for donating 4 times (you get a punch card and they punch each time you donate). So the bed was really $20.00 and the scooter was just over $6.00.

I am so amazed at the way God cares for even the little details in my life. And often he provides things  just right when I need them.

One of the ways that I've been able to get rid of so many things is the realization that if I hold onto stuff I'm not using, I'm keeping someone else from being blessed. And that has allowed me to go through and be ruthless in my purging.

Today I cleaned the boys' room (Samuel, Ian and Michael) and Peter's room. Got rid of so much trash and bags and bags of give away. And as I pack up the give away I pray a blessing on the clothes, toys, etc. that they would get into the right homes and bless whoever God intends those items for.

Thankful for the Lord's faithfulness and continual provision. I know He has the right home for us at the right time. Been trusting His timing and waiting on the Lord. Asking Him for peace, wisdom and favor.

Thankful that I don't need to be anxious about ANYTHING but in EVERY situation I can by prayer and petition with THANKSGIVING present my requests to God.... And even better, as I shared with my daughter this morning... the peace of God which TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus! Amen! (Philippians 4:6-7)

Comments

Popular Posts