What Fruit?

How many of you have ever been discouraged when it comes to looking for the fruit of the Spirit in your life? "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." (Galatians 5:22-23 ESV)                                                            Sometimes I would feel overwhelmed thinking "where is this fruit in my life?" I'm not loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and definitely don't have self-control.                                But it's when you remember this is not the fruit of the flesh but fruit of the SPIRIT. This doesn't come from me. This comes from the Holy Spirit at work in me. So if you ever see a glimpse of this fruit in my life than you can know. It's not her, it's the Spirit. I love that. 

I would find myself before getting quickly discouraged when I thought about love. Until I realized that once again love doesn't come from me. Love is also a Spirit thing. God = Love. God is the definition of love. I can trust that He will always protect. He always trusts, hopes, perseveres and NEVER fails!!!

Comments

Popular Posts