Losing Max.

I told her to name him Max.

       My sister and I were giggling and drinking Starbucks. We were discussing good potential boy names. I told her... "just think about it. Max Griswold. What a great, strong German name!" I didn't know this until after she died but she wrote on her baby calendar, "Auntie Jennifer calls you Max." And in my heart Samson Wells Griswold is still Max to me. He and my sister Libby went home to Jesus on March 7th, 2004.

Joy, Max & Alex
      June 2, 2011 another Max was born. Max Alexander Ganzel. A Max that I desperately wanted to be an "Aunt" to. And although my dear friend Joy cradled her son's little body in her arms, Max was already in the presence of the Lord.


I've lost two Max's.

I don't know know what it is to lose a child. I have come very close to seeing my children slip from this world to the next... but thankfully they are still here. I have lost a nephew and a sister. And I've lost precious Max Alexander. I don't know the bitter tears that my friends Joy and Alex have had to taste. I don't know their hurt or loss. And so I ask the God of all comfort to comfort them. who comforts us all in our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction...

Joy made something beautiful. She created a heart. A heart painted red with a white letter M to represent Max. We were allowed to take pictures with the M. Joy made this beautiful video.

Thank you Joy for sharing your son's life and loss with us and allowing me to be a part of it. I will never forget Max. And I know I will see him one day, along with my precious nephew. I will kiss their faces and tell them how much I have missed them. Until that day... I press on in this race. I love you my friend.


Comments

Popular Posts