A calm moment.


Samuel threw up once again all over our bed. He just can't seem to fully kick this bug.

I'm getting ready to depart for an overnight crop. (scrapbooking) My friend and I are going to a hotel at the beach and are meeting up with a bunch of other ladies to scrapbook til we drop. I can't wait.

My bags are packed and I'm sitting writing in Starbucks waiting for my ride. Our internet hasn't been functioning at home.

One of the things I've been trying to gain control over is how much I let my emotions/feelings control me. There are times and situations when I'm more vulnerable and susceptible than other times. I'm trying to submit my feelings to God and let Him take control of me. I want to let God rule me completely. Sometimes there's a flurry of emotion: anger, happiness, frustration, sadness, grief, jealousy, and in those moments I need to trust that God is still God, to not act on how I feel but on TRUTH, and to also know that "This too shall pass." It will. No matter how crummy I feel, how low, how frustrated, etc... it will pass. Thank God.

Even on the bleakest of days I take such comfort in knowing that this is not forever. This is only for this moment and this will be done.

I can only look to the next step. The next thing ahead of me. The next activity. The next meal. The next dish to wash. The next diaper to change. The next nose to wipe. My life is comprised of all these "next steps", these precious moments I have. If I look at them one at a time I find that I am filled with joy. I see God's hand at work. His giving me strength or wisdom or grace or mercy or whatever I need in that moment. If I look beyond I am filled with despair and negativity and discouragement... overwhelmed and frustrated.

It's like our daily bread. That's the point... it's daily. God will provide daily. I don't know what life will look like next month or where my bread will come from then.... but I know RIGHT NOW on THIS DAY that God will provide.
I have found that not only He provides for me but blesses me. I am blessed by this overnight tonight. I am blessed to find a new skirt at a Thrift Store for a few dollars. I am blessed to have made banana bread this morning... delicious.

I am blessed by my children. Not everyone can have children. i am blessed by my husband... not everyone has a husband much less a wonderful and supportive one. I am blessed to have family close by. I am blessed to have a church that I am committed to. I am blessed to have care through friends and family.

The sunshine has come out. It's not hot but it's definitely not the icy cold, frozen-through chill it has been. The music is in Spanish right now. Coffee smell in the air. Mmmm. Noise of happy chattering all around. Business meetings. Friends chatting. Someone studying.

May I find joy in each day. May I see My Maker at work. May I know Him more intimately and deeply. May I trust Him all the more. We serve an awesome God friends.

1 Chronicles 16: 23-27

23 Sing to the Lord, all the earth!
Tell of his salvation from day to day.
24 Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous works among all the peoples!
25 For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised,
and he is to be held in awe above all gods.
26 For all the gods of the peoples are idols,
but the Lord made the heavens.
27 Splendor and majesty are before him;
strength and joy are in his place.

Comments

Kate Van said…
thank you for the encouragement... these many steps aren't always exciting but even the tasks are 'precious moments' because they are the 'good works' our Father has prepared in advance for us to walk in. Love you

Popular Posts