rollercoaster emotions.

Oh the emotional highs and lows.

Today was a low. Missing my sister more than words can say. Cried a lot today. I think I've been ready for bed since I got out of this morning. Just want to start over.

More aware than ever that it's not about how I feel. This too shall pass.


A poem for the weary. by Jennifer

Weary Wanderer. Plowing Ahead. What Am I planting?
Will it grow?

Tired sojourner. Rest your head. Be comforted in the knowing.

This is not the end. This is not it. You haven't arrived to the beautiful lands.
Your dry soul will be filled and your pain will be quenched.

Your seeds will sing for the sowing.

Hope in the Hope that is all in Christ. The Saviour, the All in All.

He knows your sorrows and carries them so He comforts you with his tender words.

Be not discouraged when the beauty has paled, when the sweetness withers on the vine.

He is a God who is bigger than all, He is powerful and divine.

Oh you doer who keeps on trying let go of your tired tries.

Give up this work that you persist on working. Give up on believing the lies.

It's not what you do but what He has done. Hold onto these truths for all time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like your poem. The phrases and the rythym.

Dearest, I'm sorry that you had a difficult day. Keep holding onto the truth and spitting out the lies. Keep listening to the Holy Spirit. He loves you more than words can say and He is your Comforter sent from the Father.

For some reason this verse comes to mind:
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matt.11)

The Lord is teaching you to rest in Him and live the truth. The seeds He has sown are bearing fruit and will continue to bear more fruit with each season that passes.

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:4-5)

I love you. I am praying for you.

Thank you Jesus that we can look forward to eternity with You!

xo,

K
Anonymous said…
Your poem puts peace in my heart. I will write it in my journal to bring rest to my weariness.
Thank you for sharing.
Love you bunches,
Karen

Popular Posts