Terrible Two's.

My husband would be so proud. I'm eating sushi. And he's not even here to see it! Harris Teeter makes decent sushi when you can't get the "real deal" thing. I'm enjoying their vegetable sushi. Carrots. Avacado. Cucumber. Delish.

Well, on to my real topic of conversation. The terrible two's. Who knew it would get this bad, this early. They are getting into everything. What in the world?!

Ian got upstairs and started dumping whatever he could find at hand and throwing it down the stairs. He even got a framing kit (the kind with nails and push pins, etc.) and threw it down the stairs. Nails went flying and pushpins and tacks were scattered everywhere. I caught Michael before he put the tack in his mouth! Next he started throwing some CD's.

Michael finds baskets or bags or purses and then dumps out their contents.

I've been taking the kids to the YMCA with me. You should see me half wrestle, half corral these children into their supervision area. Thankfully the child care attendants are wonderful. They play with the kids well and are really sweet.

Michael did decide to throw a huge honkin' fit. It was a sight to behold.

I don't know where my brain has been. I guess I just forgot what two year olds are like... and well, I have two of them.

They were conspiring in the bathroom while I was washing dishes up. I caught Ian on the stepstool trying to get the soap and Michael crouched behind him, supportively egging him on.

So, here's to the beginning of mischief...

Comments

Lizzy said…
oh, jennifer!!! i just love reading your posts - they are so creative, varied, and well-written. i could totally see those two little stinkers cooking up mischief at the bathroom sink together! laughing out loud as i write this!! :) it's a good thing 'the terrible two's' are not forever and that you have such a great perspective about this "unique" season of child-rearing. keep the stories coming!!!
Ashleigh said…
Savannah is right there with them. She's not two yet, but she's been acting the part for a couple months. I just imagine what it would be like to have two of her ... you have my RESPECT in a big way.
jmn said…
Oh Jennifer. The dynamic duo are going to be hand full. No doubt. But I pray for and am confident in your ability to guide them in the correct ways.
Danielle said…
I'm a friend of Ashleigh's and pop in here from time to time. I'm SO glad to see others live a life like me. My 2 1/2 year old twin boys are INSANE. Sometimes I really feel that I just must be disciplining them wrong or something. They get into everything. I even found them on top of the TV yesterday. They're my only kids, so I have no idea what it would be like to just manage one two year old at a time. I hope it gets better.

Do you find it much different to have two two year olds vs. when you just had one at that age?

Popular Posts