Home.

Samuel is home. He's playing with Libby in the playroom right now. It's been great having him home but also quite a large adjustment. I think it will take a while to get into the "swing" of things so to speak. He's on 7-8 different medicines and there's a lot to keep up with.

The nurse last night showed us how to set up his TPN. We have to use a needle to withdraw water from a bottle and mix his vitamins and add it to his TPN and mix it. It's kind of fascinating but I must confess I'm nervous using this stuff. I feel like I will be professionally in the medical field before all is said and done.

Samuel is throwing up a lot still. He always wants help, someone to be there and wipe his mouth and hold his head. Which is fine except that it's so regular.

he's going to be receiving outpatient physical therapy at home. He's been in bed for a long time. He's loving moving around though and likes to walk independently. He will fall though if you're not careful because he's still wobbly.

Mike and I are both tired and he's still a bit under the weather. It will be interesting to see how this next week plays out...

Comments

Kelsey said…
You are doing great!

Popular Posts