So today starts a five day admission for Samuel... so we thought.

I took Samuel in to the clinic. His blood levels looked good so he was getting admitted. In the afternoon he started throwing up. He started crying a lot. He felt warm. Then he felt hot. He spiked a fever. He started shivering and his teeth began to chatter. He was getting chills. His fever was 104.

Turns out he has tested positive for "negative gram infection." The problem is it gets worse before it gets better. Samuel was on the 8th floor (oncology) but now is being transferred to the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit). He needs his blood pressure stabilized.

He is NOT getting chemo right now. The problem? When will he be able to start? He might need to stay in the hospital past Christmas. It's disappointing. On top of which, I'm struggling with anxiety. I hate ICU's. so many bad memories.

So please pray for his body to fight this infection. We are tired and weary but our faithful God is sustaining us.

Peter has been really challenging at night lately. I've really been having a hard time in general and covet your prayers. Thanks.

Comments

Caren said…
Jen, I am praying right now. Jesus, please heal Samuel and completely rid his body of this bug. Please allow him to be home for Christmas...In Jesus' name, AMEN!
And I will continue that way! I love you!
Kristi Scott said…
I was just praying for Samuel and your family and the Lord spoke to me through My Utmost for His Highest today. It quoted Romans 8:28 and the first line of the passage said, "It is only a faithful person who truly believes that God sovereignly controls his circumstances." (http://utmost.org/test-of-faithfulness). I don't mean to make you feel differently, I only wish to share what the Lord taught me about Himself while I prayed for Samuel. He taught me about His infinitive goodness which I fail to understand when I think of your sweet baby boy being sick. Lord God, I plead for Samuel's healing by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Popular Posts