Television and internet capabilities are dangerous things.

When I was in the hospital, oh, one of my many occasions for pre-term labor with Peter, I was watching tv. Sounds innocent enough. Well, when it's 3 in the morning... scary things are on. Like ads for Body Shapers. Sunglasses with cool tints.... and YUDU's. What is a Yudu... you might be asking... let me tell you... it's something I totally want... but don't need. It's this really cool personal screen printing system. I'm into it. So anyway... I didn't do anything crazy last night... I just looked it up online and stared at it and got lost in all my potential amazing designs of crafting that would come about from this amazing invention....

Libby's been learning the differences between wants and needs. For homework the other night she had to fill in these blanks:

I need ______________________.

I want ______________________.

Hmmm. She filled in the following:

I need shelter.

I want lollipops.

Oh the sweetness of being 6. My problem is I want a lot. A lot that I don't need. There's so much cool stuff that you never knew you needed until you went online or saw it on TV or browsed around Target.

I'm trying to learn to be content and ask God what my needs truly are. I know He's meeting them. I have food. A bed to sleep in. Clean water. Hot & cold water. Clothes. Etc.

But I have so much more than that... a car... and not just one even! A laptop. A cell phone. Multiple pairs of shoes, shirts, pants, sweaters. I have lotion and perfume and stationary and enough scrapbooking supplies to scrap the world :) I get treats at Starbucks. I have an amazing bed- comfortable and king size... plenty of room to snuggle with all my children. I have a fantastic husband and 5 incredible kids. And above all that I have a Savior who died for my sins so I could be restored, renewed & remade. I have Jesus to look forward to in Heaven and I have His Spirit here who won't leave or forsake me, who comforts and guides me and directs me.

I have so much to be thankful for.

So that being said I'm a little sad about my camera... it's dying. It's on it's last leg. At first it was a lens issue but now it won't take pictures every time. The flash won't work. The images are blurred and distorted. Oh dear. I've loved this camera. I bought it in memory of my sister. I've enjoyed it so much.... but it's at it's end. So I'm looking for a camera... nothing too pricey... but something that will let me record these moments with my precious kids. But it's not a need, it's a want.

Also, don't be online mindlessly you can get sucked in so quickly to wanting to buy stuff. Thank goodness I didn't...but I really wanted too! :)

May you realize how blessed you are... and may God meet all your needs!

Comments

Popular Posts