Fever

I woke up my two year old and I could see he wasn't himself. His cheeks were burning and as I picked him up out of his crib I could feel the heat radiating from his body. Fever.

Peter has had a fever all day. Not interested in eating but we've been able to keep fluids in him. Tonight he lay on me on the couch and was a snuggle bunny. He would lift up his head and say "Pi-sa" and I would give him a bite of pizza and he'd lay his head back down.

I hate it when my kids are sick but I must say I love the affection that oozes from their pores when they're unwell. They just want to be held and comforted. And I love it when I'm able to do that. Just hold them on the couch and watch movies.

The kids and I watched Megamind and enjoyed dinner- picnic style, which is a huge deal in my house because you absolutely may not eat on the carpet. They were super careful and did a great job eating on the blanket. Not one crumb on the carpet.

This morning I had lunches all prepared the night before. Tomorrow, bleah, I have nothing ready. Not the notes to teachers. Not the lunches. Not the signed planners. Tomorrow I must wing it.

This morning I got up and made blueberry muffins. Tomorrow it will be cereal or something else they can fix for themselves.

It's terrible. I already dread the coming day... and I'm only 5 short hours away from it starting. I need to pack up everything for our week-end excursion and I need to manage the house as we'll be having VIP having dinner and entertainment here. Trying to keep the house clean and care for sick kids. And pack. Whew. Can you see why I just want to stay in bed and pull the covers over my head.

But I know by the end of the day I will be grateful and the majority of the work will be done. And the kids will play games and we'll watch movies and eat popcorn and laugh and talk about life and make memories.

This busy, crazy, intense, sweet life is so full. some days are hard and challenging but I'm never bored.

well, I best try to get some sleep. The day awaits. There is mercy for each new day. And there will be grace for the day when I wake up and do it... not this moment when I'm anticipating it... but when I actually live it.

Comments

Popular Posts