Migraines & Desperation.

What a week-end it's been. From going the doctor's on Friday morning (Samuel has an ear infection) to getting all four boy haircuts yesterday to coping with a migraine. It has been an intense few days. Peter got a sudden fever at church today. His eyes went glassy and his breath had that infectious smell to it. So I decided to not put him in class.

A friend took me during church to get medicine and some caffeine and Peter fell asleep in her car while the Tylenol kicked in.

I haven't showered in over four days and my left side of my face is numb. Frankly, I'm a mess, and that's putting it mildly. I am overly eager to see my husband tonight. His flight gets him in at 11:30 tonight. Which will put us home well after midnight.

I'm trying to figure out if my migraines are triggered by stress or by hormones (it's that lovely time of the month). It starts with pain that goes through the back of my eye. My face goes numb on one side and my eye muscle starts to twitch and shake. I can't deal with sound or light. I constantly feel like I'm going to throw-up. All I can do is curl in a fetal position, cover my head with an extra pillow and moan.


I'm so thankful my in-laws watched the older 3 boys last night. My migraine started around noon. I was  able to get the boys their haircuts and drop them off to my in-laws and nap for an hour and then pick up Libby and go home.


peter went down to sleep early and I fell asleep at 6:30 p.m. while Libby watched a movie in bed with me.

My head still hurts today but I'm not paralyzed with pain like yesterday.

I've been in a horribly desperate place today. It's a very hard place to be in. Very humbling. And even more challenging as people are unavailable to help. So I'm going to try to nap for an hour and pull myself together to fix dinner and stumble through bed-time routine.

Asking God for His grace and power. I need it. Thankfully God is not withholding.

Comments

Popular Posts