Peace Like A River...

For those wondering how my March 7th* & March 8th* went I have to say this... I am amazed at how peaceful I felt. I'm not saying I wasn't emotional building up to those days and that I didn't feel emotional on those anniversaries but I was amazed at how much grace God had for me.

I miss my sister... every day. I miss talking to her. Having her talk to me. hearing her laugh and sing. Having her to correct me on what I am doing wrong... don't let anyone fool you that just because she was younger didn't make her bossy (she was definitely bossy) :)

My hope for Heaven has grown. I look forward to the day when all the earthly things will fade away and I will be with Jesus, my Creator and my Redeemer. The One who rescued and continues to rescue me from myself, from my sin. I long to leave this broken world behind and be in the presence of the One who loved me and chose me before there was time.

And I long to be with friends and family who have gone before me. To talk and laugh and hug again.

I was sad this past week. But I was not despairing.

The Lord is gracious and compassionate. Slow to anger. Abounding in love. May He fill you with peace today. Peace that surpasses all understanding. Peace that doesn't make sense according to this world. And may your hearts and minds be guarded by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Thank you for all the texts, e-mail, facebook messages, pictures, hugs, tears, prayers and encouraging support. I was blessed!



*For those who don't know my sister, Libby, was tragically killed in a car accident on March 7, 2004. She was almost 8 months pregnant when she and my unborn nephew, Sam, went home to Jesus. We found out the news on March 8th.*

Comments

Popular Posts