Ears and Oz.

Michael can hear! I mean really hear. He's responding to noise... it's amazing and he's babbling and talking more. He did well with the splints and has been as sweet as ever. Today he got his splints off and immediately hands went right into the mouth. So there you go. Apparently 5 days without doesn't break him of the habit.

It's late. Really late. Almost 1 a.m. but it's the only chance I had to post. So there you go.

I had a great day with the kids. We got to be home... no doctors appointments or therapy... so nice. We just ate and played and the kids napped and I did dishes and read books to them. We went out to Target later as a family and did some grocery shopping. It was nice to be out together- all 6 of us.

earlier in the day there was a tornado watch in progress. I remember seeing the sky darken and rain on and off throughout the day. I could see the cool front moving too fast for comfort. I reminded myself that I would just scoop up the kids and run into the downstairs closet if necessary. I felt better knowing that I knew what to do in case of an emergency.

On the way home from Target I noticed the sky. It was dark and my stomach knotted up. I noticed the clouds moving much too fast. I didn't like the look of it. The air was uncommonly green. I told Mike I felt the need to start praying out loud. He encouraged me to do so. I was seeing debris flying everywhere... tree branches, pieces of roof, leaves. The trees were bent to the ground. Fences were flattened and then we saw it ahead of us up above... about 200 feet above us. We could see the tail and I kept praying it wouldn't hit the ground and turn into a real tornado. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I kept calling on the name of Jesus. I wasn't sure if I was afraid of the car being lifted or just debris hitting the car and breaking the windows. I knew there was a technical term for a tornado that wasn't on the cloud. Mike looked it up for me. It was a "funnel cloud".

I'm so glad we weren't transported to Oz. You never know with us. Weird things seem to happen to us. I guess we're just unusual and attract the unusual... In all seriousness I'm glad we're fine and nothing happened. Mike can confirm the story... this is not me being a drama mama.

Well, really off to bed. Just wanted you to know the full scoop.

Comments

Caren said…
I'm so glad you are safe! I would have been scared too...I'm really excited about Michael! Talking is fun, isnt it?
I'm glad you weren't taken to Oz. Then I wouldn't have been able to see you while I'm in town this week... :)

Popular Posts