a quick hi.

Hey friends, so this is the first time I've been able to post in what feels like forever. But it's not really forever. It's really been quite a week. The boys are doing well and are both making daily improvements. Michael is on a nasal canula now instead of the c-pap and Ian is actually eating from a bottle (as of yesterday). Ian gets one bottle a day and I get to start breast-feeding him tomorrow. That's exciting.

I feel like super-woman in that I like to try to do stuff. the day after I got home from the hospital I thought it would be okay to go to the zoo... um, not. Thankfully it was raining so it wasn't an option. I did get to go to IHOP with Kelsey and Libby and then we went and saw the boys. Kelsey left yesterday... sad.

I also am a seriously hormonal crazy woman right now. Michael has a cleft palate and will at some point need surgery. But that's later not now... don't ask me about it... I have no details. I just know that it will be difficult for him to eat and especially to nurse so please pray. Today though he should be receiving a "feed" for the first time (in a feeding tube)... otherwise he's been living off IV fluids.

Anyway, it's late and I'm at a friend's house so I need to run but just wanted to throw a few "update" thoughts at you.

Hope you all are well in the world and enjoying the beautiful spring. Libby and Samuel are well. Libby has a bit of a cold at the moment. Mike has been stressed with school and all the various financial pressures we're facing. And me, well, I'm recovering. Pumping. Watching movies. Tickling kids... and eating, eating, eating (feel like I'm starving)!

Hugs.

JL

Comments

Ashleigh said…
Am praying for you all, Jennifer!
Anonymous said…
Hi Jen. Soooo glad you are home and the boys are progressing nicely. May God give you wisdom in your going out and your coming in, strengthening you in body, mind and spirit, resting in His perfect plan so that you may heal with no hitches while waiting for the full-house regime of four little ones to become operational. One might think you will be having your own little zoo shortly, eh? And you won't have to get in the car to get "there". Love you.
Caren said…
Jen, I'm so glad things are going well. I'm praying for you all...
Anonymous said…
Hi, Jennifer! Don't know if you remember me or not. I am Mike's cousin. I met you once or twice at Mary k. and Ralph's in Fries. If you want help with breastfeeding Michael, get in touch with La Leche League. They are great! They are known for helping moms nurse in difficult situations. Give them a call.I think they will be able to help you. Michelle Jones
Ginger said…
great to visit a bit last night Jenn--Im thinking of you and praying for you and the bunch.
Wendy said…
Jen! I am so glad to read/see God's peace in your post. I know that life will be crazy for a while...but you are right to focus on the tickles and eating. Praise Him that they are here and safe. I will be praying for the nursing. I am glad the NICU nurses are giving you opportunities to try it. Be graciously aggressive to be allowed to try as many feedings as you can be there for. Love ya friend!
anne said…
praying for you guys. Sounds like you are doing great even though life is a bit crazy at the moment! keep trusting in christ!
Judy said…
Thanks for the update. It's so good to hear from you... We'll keep you in our prayers. :) Much love to you all!

Popular Posts