Party.


Thursday night to Friday a.m. I was up with Samuel about 15 times to push his morphine button or help him throw up. I just hold the bucket. I was there til Friday evening. Mike and I got to step out and have some dinner and TIME together. He also came home. (2 nights in a row). And I was there. We were both home at the same time (definition of miracle). A huge thanks to Mike's Dad for watching Samuel overnight.


We had a birthday party to go to this morning at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens. The kids had a great time. My heart was sad that Samuel wasn't there. It was really obvious to me that he was missing.

Samuel had a better day today. I didn't get to see him til this evening but he was perky and cheerful. We had a little pizza party in the hospital's playroom to celebrate my mom's birthday. He was so happy to participate and loved being at a "Burfday Party". I think my Mom enjoyed it as well. I had made a Funfetti Cake. We had birthday hats, napkins, plates and cups. I even hung up a birthday banner. (Nothing like Dollar Tree to make a party complete).

Samuel ate some birthday cake and then proceeded to throw up immediately. Later he ended up walking around the room though. Yay! He was enjoying being with his siblings and amongst his relatives. It was a good night.

It ended kind of rough. Samuel was tired and got back in his wagon (our means of transportation for him). Libby came over to hug him and they were holding each other's hands and crying. Libby was saying how much she missed him and wants him to come home. Samuel was crying too. It was pretty emotional.

I feel emotionally drained tonight. Happy to be together and heartbroken. It's so hard seeing Samuel in this state. It's just not "him" if you know what I mean. Hoping for some "up" days...

Comments

Kelsey said…
Thanks for the update. Package for the kids on the way. I love you. Miss you all so much. Praying and trusting God with you. xoxo
Julie said…
We missed Samuel too. I am glad that you came and it was great to see Libby having such a great time at our old stomp'n grounds. Did you see the picture I posted on FB of Michael walking across Discovery Peak?! :)
Kate Van said…
aww...crying with Libby and Samuel as well. Love you and am praying for an 'up' day tomorrow
Dad said…
It was heart breaking tonight when Libby called on my phone and talked to Samuel, calling him 'my sweetheart', and Ian and Michael talking to him, too...and you and Mike, Jen.
Samuel was so affected he could hardly speak. So were Fafee and I. But, he's fighting through...coming along. Soon, he will be with the kids and Momma and Poppa at home. Hallelujah!! That will be a wonderful day! Praise God for His wonderful grace!

MyMike

Popular Posts