Quick Update.


I just wanted you all to know that Em's eye ended up being okay. She was in pain though and it made me so sad to think that it was Samuel that scratched her eye.

Why I haven't posted in well over a week...

Things have been crazy on this end. Not bad. Not terrible. But a bit crazy. I am having serious issues with my e-mail (through hotmail) and will probably need to switch to something else soon. Please give me grace if I have not responded.... I can't get to my e-mail. I've been a little discouraged with Samuel's therapy lately. I'm not disappointed in the therapisst, it's him I'm struggling with. He doesn't want to do what he doesn't want to do. He has been getting frustrated easily and has been super clingy. He's regressed in his eating... and eats fewer variety of foods than ever. It makes me want to cry sometimes. And walking... he's got what is called "gravitational insecurity"... what this means is he doesn't like to walk without holding onto something. If he will walk by Christmas that would be my present.

We paid our rent for Nov. Praise the Lord!!!! That is such a miracle for us! I want to be sure to mention the good things and not just the trying stuff. I also think (cross your fingers) that Mike might have a job. I'll let you know when we find out for sure. We're still looking for a place to live.

I had the craziest OBGYN experience up here. It's too long to explain- just know it was BAD. So now I'm trying a different practice and will not be seen until Dec. 6 (when I will be 14 weeks pregnant) and this will be my first real appointment (when I see a Dr.) and they don't do an ultrasound at all till 4 weeks later. So we might as well wate a couple more weeks and find out what the sex of the baby is! Crazy. Things are so weird up here.

Sometimes in my head I've composed a list of what I "hate" about living up here. That has not served me so I'm going to take the time right now and refute it by listing what I like about being up here:

Trader Joe's is so close.
Women's Bible Study.
My home group for church.
Libby's school.
Being so close to good parks.
The beautiful autumn leaves all around me.
Mike loves his school and is enjoying it so much.
Libby's ballet classes.
Membership to the Philadelphia Zoo.
David & Tosha

So now it's time to rest before Samuel's speech/eating therapist comes. I'll try to get back into the swing of things soon. We'll see. Hugs to you all.

Philippians 4:7; "4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Comments

Katie Virginia said…
Thanks for sharing Jennifer. It is a blessing to see how you are experience the Lord's goodness in life, even in the small things.
Bethany said…
Oh a scratched eye....that does hurt. Seth did that to me once right after the hurricane...no fun going to urgent care then. Hope your cousin is doing better. Mine healed nicely and I haven't had a problem since...which I heard can sometimes happen.

There are good and bads everywhere....I have moved around enough to know that. Every place has something I love and something I hate. I am glad you have such a nice list of things you love.
Ashleigh said…
Hey Jennifer! Sorry to hear you're having email problems. Can you leave me a comment on my blog letting me know if you're planning to write an article for Ungrind for November or if you want to wait until December. If you want to wait for December because of everything going on, that's fine. Just let me know. I'm trying to finalize our schedule ...
Michelle said…
Glad we got to catch up yesterday.

xoxo
Anonymous said…
glad I'm ok too! we had such a good time. thanks for opening up your home!!

Popular Posts