Acorn Squash Recipe.


Here is the recipe that I love for acorn squash. It comes from Betty Crocker's Cookbook.

2 acorn squash (1 to 1 1/2 pounds each)

5 tablespoons maple flavored syrup

4 tablesoon heavy whipping cream, butter or stick margarine

Heat oven to 350.

2. Cut each squash lengthwise in half; remove seeds and fibers. Place squash, cut sides up in ungreased rectangular pan, (9X13). Spoon 1 tablespoon maple syrup and 1 tablespoon whipping cream into each half.

3. Bake uncovered about 1 hour until tender.

my favorite though is apple-stuffed acorn squash: Omit maple syrup and whipping cream. Bake squash halves 30 minutes. Mix 1 large tart red apple, diced, 2 tablespoons chopped nuts, 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar and 1 tablesppons butter or stick margarine, melted. Spoon apple mixture into squash halves. Bake about 30 minutes longer or until tender.

I personally add oats and cinnamon to the apple mixture and drizzle with real maple syrup... super yum!

Comments

AmyB said…
MMMMmmmm! These sound yummy! And that second one sounds like it's not too bad for you either! Ok, so maybe I'm a dummy here, but what do you do with the squash insides? Use 'em for something else?
Ashleigh said…
I love squash. So does Ava. We're going to have to try this. :-)
Jennifer said…
Um, I just pitch 'em, Ames. I don't know what else you do with it?

JL

Popular Posts