The Bug.


Yesterday I woke up vomiting. This is a horrible thing. I had spent the night restless and nauseous but could make myself fall back asleep before I threw up. I was horribly and violently ill yesterday. The kind of ill that even getting to watch movies or reading a book isn't even pleasurable- that bad. Mike stayed home from work to care for the kids and his extremely DEMANDING wife. He really is the best. Patient. Quick to serve. He even bought me some Hostess Chocolate Cupcakes to coax my body into wellness...not that I can eat one yet, but it was a really sweet thought. He and Libby went out and bought soup, gingerale, saltine crackers, etc. Libby came in as I was hovering over the toilet with some red roses "for MAMA!" They're in my bedroom.

Well, today I don't feel like death warmed over but my tummy is very, very raw and I still feel a bit crappy.

Psalms 63: 5-8 says,
"My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me."

Thankfully He is truly in control of all these things. Whether sick or well I can sing for joy. Samuel's been throwing up since last night...we think he caught the bug. Hopefully we'll all be back on the mend soon.

Comments

Caren said…
awww...I hope you all feel better soon!
Anonymous said…
Hi Jen,
Hope you are feeling better today and that Samuel is ,too. Thankful that Mike could be there for you....and praying no one else gets the crude.
Hope to talk to you soon.
love
faf
Ashleigh said…
Oh Jennifer, I'm praying. I had the flu that bad back in November. It was HORRIBLE! And I think being pregnant makes it even worse.

Popular Posts